Wednesday

London Lanscapes...Up Close




For the country walk and Hyde Park visits, I decided to focus on close-up details of the landscape. I often find that when I am taking pictures of vast landscapes or large structures, I overlook the little treasures that make up the bigger picture.  I tried to be mindful of the beauty that was under my feet or right by my side and feel that I was able to capture some of the vividness of these small pieces of nature.


I was very drawn to the bright colors of all of the flowers.  I positioned the pink flower off-center and in focus so almost everything in front and behind was not in focus. I think it puts a nice emphasis on the flower. 








The purple flowers were growing on vines on a stone wall and caught my eye with the odd-numbered petals on the flowers and leaves, which I find aesthetically pleasing. I also loved the blue flowers as I have never seen a flower with that color before.
















I love the how the dew of the morning was captured in the drops of water on the leaves that covered an entire field on the country walk. 


This autumn leaf is one of my favorite photographs. Fall is such an amazing season; the smell of the leaves, the colors, the crisp air. I lay down on the grass and I was amazed at how well my little camera was able to capture such rich color. I like the shadows on the grass and the red-green contrast between the leaf and the grass.


I thought the landscape design of this little cottage was very charming. In these photographs, I tried to portray the cottage through a passerby’s point of view. When I look at them I feel as though I have been strolling down the cobblestone road and have just stopped to peer through the garden vines to see the cottage. I feel like they are both very
inviting pictures for the viewer.


This photograph was taken as I was running to the train station after the country walk. At first glance I was frustrated because the gorgeous colored leaves were blurry. As I continued to look at it, however, I couldn’t help but like something about it. The blur effect gives the subject a sort of movement quality that feels like the quick passing of time. It reminds me of the fleeting autumns in Utah with their vibrant colors that, all too quickly, fade and fall to the ground, only to be covered by snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment