Monday

Hampton Court


We had a 2 minute moment of silence as we were entering Hampton Court today in honor of Remembrance Day and the sacrifices made by those involved in war. I am very impressed with how much respect is shown for the armed forces and civilians in war. People all over the city can be seen with a small paper poppy pinned to their shirt to show respect.














Hamton Court was a palace owned by King Henry VIII and was later expanded by William III. It was pouring rain so we didn’t get to go out into the gardens and mazes which I was very disappointed about.






















Luckily I got one shot underneath a cloister with the formal garden in this courtyard. I also toured King Henry’s apartments and kitchens and some of the grand apartments which were cool. They all had great views of the gardens outside so I got some pictures of what they might have seen looking out the windows.





No comments:

Post a Comment